1. For months I have wanted to try out this produce delivery service called Washington’s Green Grocer. It’s an on-demand service offering delivery of various produce boxes and other goods once a week. After talking it through with my BFFSM Olivia, I selected the local produce box for delivery every other week and she picked the large mixed box using the on-demand option. My first box came and I was so excited!! I will definitely keep this up and will likely take it to the next level and go weekly – it’s affordable and also forces me to use new foods when cooking, like celeriac. I’d never even heard of it! It’s also a great way to support local farmers and make an effort to have a lower impact on the environment since the produce is not being shipped from all over the world.
2. Speaking of food, DC always has new restaurants popping up and I love to try them out. Recently Bidwell opened in Union Market, Lincoln in NW DC and The Arsenal at Bluejacket Brewery near the Nats stadium. All had delicious food (as Dave says, “Someone is paying attention here.”) but the absolute best service was at The Arsenal, and Lincoln definitely won the award for atmosphere/theme.
^^My first beer flight – The Arsenal at Bluejacket^^
3. My freshman roommate Erin visited last weekend and we had a blast! Food and drink plans mostly dominated our agenda for the weekend, but one activity that didn’t fit that mold was a trip to the U.S. Botanic Garden. I’d never been and it was a treat!
4. We also spent an afternoon in Georgetown picking up some essentials like this shirt, this lip gloss in deep rose and a card from Paper Source for my three year anniversary with Dave. Yes, it’s been three years TODAY! Hard to believe because when I think of all our memories it seems like so much longer and yet these years have really f-l-o-w-n by.
5. This is totally random, which I guess fits with the theme for today’s “things” … I don’t know about you guys, but I would really love the option to mass edit my pins on Pinterest. When I first started using it I arranged things in a pretty general way, and now some of my boards (like the ones for food and home) have really outgrown those broad categories because there are just way too many pins! I need to organize my boards into more specific themes like meal planing and desserts or living room and laundry room. It would be so much easier to select a group of pins and move them all at once rather than having to edit each pin individually. Help a sister out and VOTE for Pinterest to add this feature by going to this link and simply clicking the “me too!” button.
That’s all for today folks! If you tuned in yesterday, you’ll know that I plan to post more before and after pictures of the house soon – as in sometime this week. Come back for more!