I have to preface this post by saying that I thought I published it in the middle of February. Yes, a month ago! I’m not sure what happened, but I just noticed it sitting there patiently in my drafts. Needless to say, some of the content is outdated – for example, Jennabeth @ Of a Long Book is already back from Kili – but I feel as though I should keep it in its original form. So without even further ado …
My beautiful BFFSM Olivia from Mother May I nominated me for a blogging award called the Liebster! Although I’d never heard of it, I was excited to receive the honor. It’s an informal virtual “kudos” from one blogger to another and a great way to spread the blogosphere love. Should you choose to accept, the only requirement is that you answer a special set of questions and then pass on the award. Keep reading for my answers and the recipients of my Liebster!
1. What’s up? Seriously, what’s happening right when you type this? At this very moment I am cozied up on my couch, enjoying Starr Hill’s Belgian ale, listening to Bruno Mars. Daisy is on the floor in her bed next to me :)
2. How did you come up with your blog name? Originally it was called “aventures de je ne sais pas” which roughly translates to “adventures of I don’t know what.” I started the blog after I graduated college when I felt a little bit lost. I was leaving on a month-long adventure to France and wanted a way to easily update my family and friends about my yet-to-be-determined experiences. After the trip, I went to work for Continental Airlines so I kept writing because every day in that job was an adventure! Moving to DC, I took a bit of a hiatus but picked it back up in the past year. Last spring when my life was feeling a little less “uncertain,” I decided the name needed tweaking, and now it’s just “aventures de la vie” or “adventures of life.” Whether you know your next step or if life is still a mystery, I believe it should always be an adventure!
3. What is your favorite part about blogging? I love how it connects people whether you know each other in real life or not. Living far away from family and many of my friends, it’s easy to share pictures and stories of our lives that Facebook just can’t translate. Also I love looking back at my old posts. The ones from France are pretty funny in my opinion!
4. Least favorite? Sometimes I write because I feel like I have to, and then I’m usually a little disappointed in the “product.” Since this is really just something I do for my own personal enjoyment, I remind myself that if I’m not in the mood to write, there is no need to push it. When I keep this in mind, I enjoy blogging that much more because it takes the pressure off.
5. What’s the very first outfit you can remember wearing? It’s less about an outfit and more about shoes! When I was a kid I had pink snakeskin flats and red cowboy boots. Those were THE best! Even though you can’t see them in this picture, I am pretty sure I would have been wearing them!
6. What’s the last makeup product you bought? MAC Mineralize Loose Foundation
7. Did you have an ‘awkward’ phase growing up? Describe it! YES! I would say I was fairly awkward from 4th – 8th grade. My hair turned curly as my hormones started to change and I didn’t know how to style it so it was constantly frizzy. Usually I just pulled it back in a ponytail, which drove my mom crazy! And because I know you love me, here’s a perfect snapshot of what that looked like, white keds and all!
8. What’s your all-time favorite movie? I have to say Dirty Dancing or the Sound of Music. As a kid I watched these on repeat. My god-sister, god-brother and I would act out Dirty Dancing all. the. time. Watching it now, I don’t know how our parents thought it was even slightly appropriate for our little eyes.
9. What’re you wearing as you type this? (how creepy does that sound, hah) Black yoga pants and a gray hooded three-quarter length tee. Comfy clothes!
10. It’s the weekend, do you go out, or prefer to stay in? Why? I like a mix, heavy on the staying in – 70% stay in, 30% go out. Now that the house feels mostly together, I just want to be here all the time! I love relaxing on the couch or trying a new recipe in the kitchen. But I also love to try new restaurants and grab a drink with friends. I’m usually good for one or two “fun” outings a weekend in addition to the typical errands and home-life time.
11. What’s your all-time favorite song? You & Me by Dave Matthews Band
Now it’s my turn to pass the Liebster award to three good friends of mine who also happen to be some of my favorite bloggers …
Of a Long Book (She is leaving today to climb Kilimanjaro, so she might take a while to accept!)
thirty-sixth at glebe
through her eyes
Your challenge, should you choose to accept this award: answer these questions in a post on your own blog and nominate other bloggers you know!The Questions
1. What’s up? Seriously, what’s happening right when you type this?
2. How did you come up with your blog name?
3. What is your favorite part about blogging?
4. Least favorite?
5. What’s the very first outfit you can remember wearing?
6. What’s the last makeup product you bought?
7. Did you have an ‘awkward’ phase growing up? Describe it!
8. What’s your all-time favorite movie?
9. What’re you wearing as you type this? (how creepy does that sound, hah)
10. It’s the weekend, do you go out, or prefer to stay in? Why?
11. What’s your all-time favorite song?