With only one week until Christmas, I am sure you have all your shopping done. But if you’re like my dad, then you might enjoy a little last minute pressure when selecting gifts. This year I’ve tried to purchase all my gifts through Amazon Smile, which donates .5% of eligible purchases to your charity of choice, or from retailers that give back a portion of the proceeds for the greater good. So to help all of you procrastinators, here’s a list of some gifts that will give twice this holiday season! (And they have nothing to do with ladies dancing or pipers piping.)
- Knotty Gal – Out of Office Earrings: With a portion of proceeds going to the Bhandari Girls’ School in Bangladesh, the accessories from this mother-daughter team incorporate metals and cords into pieces that show off every girl’s “knotty” side!
- Brave – Sugar Mix Bracelet: This handmade beauty reminds us all to be “brave,” with the word carved in the Khmer language. The Brave Collection empowers women of the world by promoting the handmade work of artisans in Cambodia through free and fair trade.
- UNICEF – Autumnal Path Clutch: Made with a back strap loom by women from Aj Quen, this clutch would be a beautiful winter accessory for that special lady in your life, and the proceeds from the sale support polio vaccinations for five children.
- Rescued Wine – Soy Wine Scented Candles: For the wine and animal lovers on your list, this company donates a portion of their proceeds to nonprofit animal rescue groups.
- The Body Shop – Olive Premium Selection: Although this item is currently sold out, you can sign up to be notified when it’s back in stock. The Body Shop is selling several other gifts though that will help support War Child, an organization that provides education to children in war-torn areas. Look in the product description for a bullet that reads, “This gift send a child to class.”
- Kiehl’s – Greatest Hits Collection: Not only is this set a great value, but 100% of the net profits from this particular sale will go to support Feeding America.
- Proud Mary – Antigua Navajo Loafer: The beautiful blue loafers are handmade in Guatemala using a brocaded textile for a stylish statement piece. Proud Mary works with artisans across the globe to combine sustainability with traditional crafting to create products that are fashion forward and support fair trade.
- Nest – Pashmina: Total bummer that this pashmina from India is sold out, but Nest still has a few other hand-crafted items, including a bottle opener and black clutch. You can also make a donation to support the organization’s cause of empowering women through employment.
- United By Blue – Trafford Weekender: Great for the frequent traveler on your list and the purchase helps remove 1 pound of trash from our oceans and waterways around the world.
- Seltzer – Bacon Print: Who doesn’t love bacon? This print will be the perfect addition to the kitchen of your favorite chef and Seltzer donates a portion of their proceeds to Earth Justice, helping to protect our natural resources and create a healthy environment for all of us!
- Out of Print – Notebooks: Perfect for the student, writer or book worm on your list, Out of Print celebrates some of the greatest literary works by donating one book to communities in need through their partner Books For Africa.
- United By Blue – Organic Coffee: Another gift that helps clean up trash from our oceans and waterways around the world, this organic coffee is also a great stocking stuffer for the coffee lover on your list.
Happy shopping, y’all!
If you’re part of a white elephant gift exchange this year, head on over to Olivia’s blog for some awesome ideas!