Thanks to my friend Christian for sharing this video, which basically sums up how I feel in these last hours before our trip begins.
We leave tonight for PA to drop the pups off with Dave’s mom and sister then our flight for Europe leaves tomorrow!! My Kindle is fully stocked for my reading enjoyment. Here is what I am reading and why!
1. This Town: Two Parties and a Funeral—Plus, Plenty of Valet Parking!—in America’s Gilded Capital By Mark Leibovich
I live here, soooooo …
2. The Telling Room: A Tale of Love, Betrayal, Revenge, and the World’s Greatest Piece of Cheese By Michael Paterniti
I love cheese, sooooo …
3. A Moveable Feast By Ernest Hemingway
I somehow have not managed to cross this book off my list, despite my love of all things France. After reading The Paris Wife, I feel very compelled to take a dive into Mr. Hemingway’s psyche.
4. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone By J.K. Rowling
I know, I should have read this book AGES ago. (I have seen the movies, if that makes it any better?!) Years ago, I tried to start the series and just couldn’t get into it because it seemed to be written for a small child. My friends have said that once you get to the third book it gets better, so I’m trying again.
5. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets By J.K. Rowling
See number four.
I’ll be back in June with a recap of our trip and also some highlights from the last few weeks since I haven’t had much time to post.
À bientôt! Or should I say … “Na shledanou!” … “Bis Später! … or “Később találkozunk!” (Thanks to Google Translate for those – I don’t even know how to pronounce them, or if they are correct!)