Fall is 100% without a doubt my favorite time of year! We’ve been lucky here in D.C. to have some early fall-like weather (despite the 90’s we’re supposed to reach this week) and the Pumpkin Spice latte came out early, so I am a happy girl! Here’s just a quick post to list some of my favorite things about the greatest season…
1. The start of football – I love my Aggies and my Cowboys … especially when they both win, like this past weekend.
^^ Daisy loves the Aggies too! ^^
2. PSL – I already mentioned that I was happy the Pumpkin Spice latte came early. It is one my my favorite treats for fall! (I rarely let myself buy from Starbucks – or any coffee shop – since we have free coffee in my office.) Hard to believe she’s already ten – they grow so fast! #PSL10
3. Foliage – One of the biggest pros to living up here are the bursts of crimson, burgundy, pumpkin, mustard and bronze that come out during fall in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic. Last night I picked up some lovely fall-colored flowers at the grocery store to start the season early in our apartment :)
4. Holidays – Fall has the best holiday line up by far (Halloween, my birthday, Thanksgiving) and they all lead to Christmas which is my number one fave holiday! Speaking of Halloween, anyone have good costume ideas??
^^ my brother and me at Christmas last year ^^
5. Fall food and drink – Think soups and stews, anything pumpkin, apple baked goodies, and warm drinks like cider, hot cocoa and mulled wine. Yum!! I had my first pumpkin beer of the season on Sunday night while Dave and I discussed the houses we’d seen that day – Of House and Home update coming later this week!
^^ my homemade pumpkin pie from last year’s Thanksgiving ^^