1. List 6 things of which you are a master.
2. Pass it on to 6 bloggers you think are masters at friendship, and make blogging so awesome.
My Master Skills, mostly decided by Resalin and Keely because I am horrible at coming up with these things off the top of my head:
1. I am a master eater, and not just in the way that Erin mentioned in her post. I can eat a ton, but according to my father I also have one of the two best palates of anyone he’s ever known – as Keely would say, that makes me a palatier!. Considering he has worked in the restaurant industry since he was 16, I think he can make a call like that.
2. I am a master with kids. I have been babysitting since the 6th grade, worked as a nanny for three summers, and worked at an official childcare for 2.5 years in college. Kids love me and I love them. :)
3. I am a master at patience/explaining things/making people feel comfortable. I will combine these because I think they all go together. I also think they are pretty self-explanatory. To sum it up though, I always try to put myself in the other guy’s position. My friends tend to come to me if they want advice or even just as someone to listen.
4. I am a master at grammar. Even in jr. high I was correcting people, and now people send me their writing to edit. I have to admit that being out of school has made me a little lax in this department, but fear not, if I am unsure about something, I look it up! (Note: This does not mean I am a master speller!)
5. I am a master dreamer, both in the conscious and unconscious sense. Not only do I have crazy dreams while I’m sleeping – last night I dreamed about warm weather and horseradish – but I also tend to follow my personal dreams without much thought to the consequences. I wanted to go to France so I bought a plane ticket that put me there for a month. I thought being a flight attendant would be a good idea, so despite the wishes of many close friends/family, I picked up and moved to NJ. I decided to put my degree to use, so I figured out a way to move to DC… and now I’m broke as a joke with no job, but at least I’m happy! (Right?)
6. This last one has been up for debate with the possibilities ranging from master of: good/bad tv/books, wine drinking, keg-standing, snow angel making, walking for hours on end, falling in the shower, eating my weight in cheese, to laughing. The winning answer came from Emily Merin.
I am a master hair-curler. I can use a curling iron like no other, and I have pictures to prove it.
Now for the bloggers to which I pass the award:
1. Resalin Rago
2. Amanda Wiese
3. Madison Presenza
4. Kassie Naron
5. Olivia Vickers/Toni Livingston
6. Whitney Marion