i’ve been reading a LOT ever since i graduated and have rediscovered the freedom of reading for pleasure! if you are at all into fantasy books – and i’m not talking the aliens invade earth kind – then here are some suggestions of the series i’ve been reading!
1. the twilight series by stephenie meyer: i’m sure you’ve all heard the hype, but i started reading these books this time last year. they were not nearly as popular as they are now, but i had recommendations from resalin and keely so i read them…. and fell in love. yes, they’re about vampires, but they really are more of the romance genre. bella swan moves to forks, washington to live with her dad and falls in with a group of vampires who live as humans (or at least as close as possible) and feed on animal instead of human blood. the series is four books long, and a very easy read. even though it falls in the young adult category, it is not too tweeny for adults to read, and if you haven’t yet read them, i highly highly reccomend that you do!
4. the gemma doyle trilogy by libba bray: another recomendation from keely – are we seeing a pattern? – this series is set in victorian london. gemma doyle has just turned 16 and her entire world changes with the death of her mother and a sudden move from her home in india to london, where she will attend the spence academy for girls. she discovers a magical world through a newfound power and must navigate through these realms and the danger that comes with holding the magic. gemma must also deal with the pressures of being a young lady of good standing in society along with family troubles.
i hope that you do give these books a chance, even if you aren’t normally a reader of “fantasy.” books on the list to be read are, in no particular order:
1. the blue bloods series by melissa de la cruz
2. his dark materials trilogy by philip pullman
3. enchantment by orson scott card
4. the ender’s game series by orson scott card
5. and any suggestions that you might have…